2019 SSA National Snowsports Participation & Development Conference
QT Canberra, 1 London Circuit - Thursday 7 + Friday 8 November
This is the first of two major Participation initiatives for 2019.
More than 200 School Snowsports Coordinators and industry representatives from resorts, clubs, the SIA, APSI, and private providers are expected to attend. The Conference coincides with the new SSA Australian Snowsports Community Awards (details below) to be held on 7 November.
The conference will include keynote speakers, panelist discussions and workshops involving representatives from Australian sporting organisations, resorts and clubs, as well as coaches, former athletes and snowsports research academics.
– Thursday 7 November – ‘Framing and Developing’ Snowsports Participation – 10am to 4.00pm
- Framing Participation: Trends in Sport, Snowsports and Industry
- Developing Participation: Snowsports Athlete Pathways - from Participation to High Performance
- Inaugural 2019 SSA Australian Snowsports Community Awards – 6.00pm to 10pm
– Friday 8 November – ‘Planning and Inspiring’ Snowsports Participation – 9.00am to 2.45pm
- Planning Participation: Snowsports Risk Management, Child Safe Sport Strategies, Participation Event Rules & Guidelines
- Inspiring Participation: Athlete Pathway from School to the Olympic Games, through the inspirational & aspirational lens of previous and current Olympic Snowsports Athletes & Coaches.
The SSA working group is finalising conference presenters and facilitators, with a view to seeking NESA accreditation for conference attendees. The cost to attend all sessions, including lunch, morning & afternoon tea, plus attendance and dinner/drinks at SSA Australian Snowsports Community Awards, is between $350-$450 per person. The final cost will be released when initial registration papers are released in May.